History of Wells and Kennebunk, Maine, by E.E. Bourne 1875: pub. 1983 by Heritage Books, Inc. 3602 Maureen, Bowie, MD 20715, ISBN 0-917890-43-4
An Historical Sketch of the Town of Deer Isle, ME, by George L. Hosmer, 1886, 1905; PUB. 1983 by Deer Isle-Stonington Historical Society. (Note: Although the stories are good, Hosmer was not always accurate with dates. An example: Joseph Colby Sr.'s birth date.)
The Lymburner Legacy by Susan Paquette, 1990; ISBN 0-941216-50-0
Matinicus Isle--It's Story and It's People by Charles A.E. Long, 1926. (Note: Contains incorrect information concerning the earlier generations of the Young Family.)
Vital Records of York, ME
No Place for Little Boys--Civil War Letters of a Union Soldier edited by Melissa MacCrae and Maureen Bradford, 1997, Goddess Publications, Brewer ME
Genealogy of the Descendants of William and John Boynton 1897. Compiled by John Farnham Boynton and Caroline Harriman Boynton
Folk of the Majorbagaduce
History of Kennebunk by Daniel Remich, 1911.
History of York by Banks.
The Grindle Family of Hancock County, Maine compiled by Walter A. Snow, Elizabeth C. Wescott, David C. Grindell, and Almon A. Gray, 1978.
HANCOCK COUNTY a rock-bound paradise
Brooksville, Maine "A town in the Revolution" by Walter A. Snow
A Gen. Dict. of the 1st Settlers of New England by James Savage
History and Genealogy of the Malcolm Family by Malcolm 1950.
The Pioneers of Mass.
Genealogical Dictionary of ME and NH by Noyes
The Knowlton Ancestry, The History and Genealogy of the Knowltons of England and America by the Rev. Charles Henry Wright Stocking, 1897, NY, Knickerbocker
Supplement & Index to the Knowlton Ancestry by Geo. Henry Knowlton 1905
The Burgess Family Tree by Paul Burgess
Joseph Austin of Dover NH and Matthew Austin of ME by Edith Austin Moore
Maine Wills by Sargent
History of Ipswich
Some Early Pelhams by Pelham and McLean, 1931.
Jacob Perkins of Wells, ME by Perkins
Ould Newbury--1896/7 by John J. Currier
History of Newbury by Coffin
Early Settlers of Rowley, Mass by Blodgette and Jewett page 266 (Parratt)
Landed Gentry by Burke p.3020
Old Families of Amesbury and Salisbury p.369
History of Castine, Penobscot & Brooksville, Maine by George A. Wheeler 1923
Betham's History, Genealogy and Baronets of the Boynton Family in England
Fifty Great Migration Colonists by John Trelfall 1990
Cape Cod Series Vol. 1, by Leon Clark Hills 1936 pp 126 & 129 re: Snows
Islands of the Mid-Maine Coast, Penobscot Bay, Revised Edition 1997 by Charles B. McLance
Lowell Historic Genealogy, 1899, by Delmar R. Lowell
The Knight Family, April 10, 1941 Typewritten manuscript by Charles S. Tibbetts
ME Genealogist and Biographer re:Knight, Libby, Spinney, Green
Colonial Families of Martha's Vineyard, Vol. III, 1925, by Charles Edward Banks
The Pioneers of Maine and New Hampshire 1623-1660, 1908 Boston, by Charles Henry Pope
The English Ancestry and Homes of the Pilgrim Fathers, 1997, by Charles Edward Banks
1. Mayflower Descendant Vol. 17, pg. 237
2. Mayflower Descendant Vol. 27, pg. 110
3. DAR Lineage Book Vol. 187, Mrs. Lucile Emerton Bassett #152599
4. NEHGR Vol. ? , July 1967, "The John Pike Family", by Anne Borden Harding
5. NEHGR Vol. __________, "Richard Rich of Eastham on Cape Cod and Some of His Descendants", by Evelyn Rich of Boston, MA
6. Boston Newsletter 1725.
7. NEHGR v77 1st ch v.106=58
8. NEHGR, "Marriages in the Town of Andover, Mass." Reg. vol. 13, Jan. 1849
1. LDS Family History Center, B.Lake Noyes' Deer Isle Genealogy Series. B.Lake Noyes was the Doctor on Deer Isle and Stonington during the 1st part of the century. His hobby was genealogy and while he was at the homes of his patients, waiting for babies to be born, etc., he would quiz the family about their roots, copy information out of the family bibles, and add their data to his collection. When he died his will left this mass of information to the LDS Family History Centers.
2. Series of newspaper articles The day before YESTERDAY, by Clayton Gross, from the ISLAND AD-VANTAGES Stonington, ME 1997.
3. Cousins' family stories passed down from Amasa Amidon Holden, Otis Cousins, Amy Hutchinson, Claris Chance, and Marion Dixon.
4. Newspaper Obituaries--Andrew S. Knight, and Melissa Cousins.
5. LDS Microfisches, and Computer disks: C115014, M115904
6. Maine State Archives, death certificate and military records of Andrew S. Knight
7. Internet webpage of Newspaper Vital Records from Ellsworth ME, i.e., "Eastern Freeman" and "Ellsworth American" : http://www.mnopltd.com/jean/