b.March 3, 1625 Stafford, England; parents ukn
d.1681 Salem, MA
m.1643 Salem, MA Joanna Ingersoll
b.d/o Richard Ingersoll of Salem
- Samuel Pettingill bapt.Feb. 9, 1644/45 in Salem d.1711 m.Feb. 13, 1673 Newbury; Sarah Poore
- Matthew Pettingill b.ca.1648
- Mary Pettengill b.July 6, 1652 Newbury, MA d.Sept. 19, 1705 Newbury, MA m.Nov. 10, 1670 Newbury, MA Abraham Adams
- Nathaniel Pettingill b.Sept. 21, 1654 Newbury, MA d.ca.1717/18 m.(1)bef.1694 Mary ______ m.(2)int.Dec. 16, 1703 Hannah Goodridge
- unnamed child b.Nov. 15, 1657 Newbury, MA d.Nov. 17, 1657
- Henry Pettingill b.Jan. 16, 1659/60 Newbury, MA d.Jan. 20, 1659/60
NOTES: Richard came to New England by 1641 when on June 2 he was made a freeman.
From Directory of the Ancestral Heads of New England Families 1620-1700 by Holmes: RICHARD, came from Staffordshire, Eng., to Salem, Mass., made freeman 1641, was at Wenham, Mass., finally located Newbury, Mass.
Return to Pettengill Index
Return to Surname List
Return to Helene's Home Page
This page last updated on February 9, 2007