b.1619 of Weymouth, Norfolk, England; parents ukn
d.June 30, 1676 Salem, MA
m.(1)bef.1640 Elizabeth ______
m.(2)Oct. 28, 1643 Elizabeth Grafton
b.1622 Salem, MA; d/o Joseph Grafton and Mary Moore
d.1678 Salem, MA
CHILDREN of John and 1st Elizabeth:
- Elizabeth Kitchen bapt.March 12, 1643 in Salem, MA
- Hannah Kitchen bapt. March 12, 1643 in Salem, MA
CHILDREN of John and 2nd Elizabeth:
- Joseph Kitchen bapt. Apr. 20, 1645 d.abt.1650
- John Kitchen bapt. June 28, 1646 d.abt. 1646
- Priscilla Kitchen b.1647 d.1721 Kent Co., Delaware m.(1)Nathaniel Hunn m.(2)George Bowers m.(3)John Curtis m.(4)John Gilbert
- Mary Kitchen b.Feb. 2, 1648 Slaem, MA bapt.Apr. 23, 1648 in Salem, MA d.1710 Dover, NH m.(1)Feb. 20, 1665 Timothy Robinson [They had one child--Timothy Robinson II] m.(2)June 3, 1669 Thomas Hanson s/o Thomas and Mary (Paul) Hanson
- John Kitchen bapt. Mar. 21. 1652 Salem, MA
- Robert Kitchen bapt.Apr. 15, 1655 in Salem, MA d.Oct. 28, 1712 in Salem, MA m.(1)abt.1680 Mary Boardman m.(2)1688 Bethia Weld
- Abigail Kitchen b.abt.1659 Salem, MA d.bef.1700 m.June 3, 1669 John Guppy
- Benjamin Kitchen b.Aug. 28, 1660 Salem, MA d.Sept. 15 1660 Salem, MA
NOTES: From The Pioneers of Mass....
Came before March 20, 1635, age 21, as servant to Zachary Bickwell from Weymouth, England.
NEHGR v77 1st ch v.106=58: He and 2nd wife were "violent Quaker Non-conformists".
From Directory of the Ancestral Heads of New England Families 1620-1700 by Holmes: JOHN, shoemaker, freeman Salem, Mass., 1643.
Return to Kitchen Index
Return to Surname List
Return to Helene's Home Page
This page last updated on March 8, 2007