b.abt.1615 England; s/o parents ukn
d.1683 Wenham, Essex, Mass.
m.(1 or 2)bef.1643 Salem, MA; Joan [Joanna]
m.(1 or 2)abt.1643 Salem, Essex, Mass.; Elnor
- Abraham Edwards, bapt.Aug. 16, 1638 Salem
- Martha Edwards b.abt.1643 m.June 15, 1683; William Cleaves
- John Edwards b.1644 d.Aug. 28, 1697 m.(1)Mary Solart; d/o John Solart m.(2)Feb. 28, 1656 Sarah Woodin
- Mary Edwards b.1648 d.June 15, 1683 m.John Leach
- Elizabeth Edwards b.abt.1650 d.bef.March 1, 1737 m.June 23, 1679 John Cox [Coy]
- Sarah Edwards b.ca.1650/64 m.1671; Richard Lee
- Bethia Edwards b.1651 of Salem/Ipswich, Essex, Massachusetts d.aft.1707 [Feb. 12, 1711] Mass. m.John Knowlton
- Thomas Edwards b.1652 Wenham, Mas d.March 13, 1733 m.(1)bef.1675 Sarah m.(2)Oct. 17, 1717 Dinah Marshall
- Benjamin Edwards b.1662 d.Sept. 29, 1723 m.(1)April 5, 1681; Martha Gaines m.(2)Mary Gaines
NOTES: Rice was a joiner who lived in Salem in 1643, Boston in 1646, and Wenham, MA in 1647; he appeared in Salem as early as 1642, the year before he married. Names of his children show some evidence that he was related to Thomas Edwards and Salem and John Edwards of Ipswich who married Mary Sams.
SOURCES:The Edwards Family of Wenham, Prior to 1715; NEHGR, Vol. 56, pp 60-63; by Mills, W.S.
Genealogical and Personal Memoirs Relating to Families of Boston and Eastern Mass., by William Cutter
Return to Index
Return to Surname List
Return to My Ahnentafel Chart
Return to Helene's Home Page
This page last updated on June 14, 2008